[HO] 5' wheelbase trucks

Is anyone aware of any commercially available 5' wheelbase roller bearing trucks?
Or lacking that option, any other relatively modern 5' wheelbase
trucks which could serve as a stand-in?
Searches of Walthers catalog and the better-known manufacturers (Precision Scale, Tahoe Model Works) on-line catalogs have come up nil.
____ Mark Mathu Whitefish Bay, Wis.
On 03/09/2010 03:35, Mark Mathu wrote:

There is some kind of misunderstanding buried in your question.
If you are worried about prototype accuracy, then the prototype's brand/type name is what you need. The trucks will have the correct wheel base. Eg, Andrews, Vulcan, Bettendorf, S-10, etc.
HTH wolf k.

There's no misunderstanding, right now the problem is I can't find _any_ commercially available 5' wheelbase roller bearing trucks.
I'm unsure of the specific type of roller bearing truck; the prototype car was built by Bethlehem Steel in 1964. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 47492
A fellow modeler kitbashed a few of these cars using Eastern Car Works 5' trucks which are no longer available. If you or others can come up with a list a multiple sources of different 5'-0" wheelbase trucks, then we can discuss specific prototypes.
Right now, I can't find even _one_ to serve as a stand-in.
On 06/09/2010 01:14, Mark Mathu wrote:

Interesting, indeed. If these cars are indeed riding on 5' w/b trucks, then it's a non-standard truck. OTOH, if you take the wheel diameter to be 36", then the w/b is 5'6". 36" wheels were used from at least the 1960s onward for heavy cars. But I assume you have the car's specs, so my comments are beside the point.
AFAIK, 5' wb was used for some arch-bar trucks, back in the 1800s, but 5'6" became the norm sometime in the late 1800s. Anyhow, all the trucks that I have are 5'6" or 6' w/b (including the Roundhouse and IHC arch bar trucks.)
HTH wolf k.

I can't vouch for the specifics of the prototype truck; I do not have this car's specs at this time nor have I tried to scale any photos. I am going off of the modeler's comment: "It is important to note that this car requires 5 foot wheelbase trucks to properly run. Trucks with a larger wheelbase will work, but the wheels will grind on the hopper bay. I found the Eastern Car Works trucks to be a reasonable stand-in; however, it appears that these are now discontinued. I know of no other 5 foot roller bearing trucks."
A kitbash of these unusual hoppers required a compromise in the trucks, and the substitute he used is no longer in production. I was just trying to see if there are other 5' wheelbase trucks available at this time, which will work on this model.
The below site says Available.
http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/ho_in_stock.php?Page=3&PWRSManufacturers_ID 7
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:41:49 -0700 (PDT), Rich

Thanks, Rich!
On 06/09/2010 20:56, Mark Mathu wrote:

Understood. ;-)
So which of the Eastern Car Works trucks on PWR's site have 5' wheelbase? I suspect it's 117-9058 - Buckeye 125 ton r/b with 38" wheels. The 38" wheels would also explain the need for a shorter truck.
Enjoy! wolf k.

The ones I see are: 117-9064 70-Ton Bettendorf 5' Wheel Base (70 ton ore car) 117-9065 70 Ton Dalman Roller Bearing 5' Wheel Base (4 truck flat)

On 08/09/2010 00:55, Mark Mathu wrote:

http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/ho_in_stock.php?Page=3&PWRSManufacturers_ID 7
thanks,
wolf k.

http://www.bittercreekmodels.com/TRUCKS.html
On 06/09/2010 15:47, Rich wrote:

I don't think an arch-bar truck will look right with roller-bearing caps on the journals.... ;-)
wolf k.