HO Spectrum Climax repairs

As we all know, as nice a looking loco the Spectrum Climax is, It breaks down real fast. Either the front, short universal goes or a bevel gear goes. Bachmann no
longer makes them so they no longer have parts. I've come up with solution. I was trying to find replacement parts and nothing is made in HO scale. I was staring at both the Shay and Climax on the same track one night and realized that the Shay trucks and Cylinder assembly parts look really close to the Climax parts. I called Bachmann. Ordered a middle truck assembly ($15.00 USD) and was able to buy just the cylinder Assembly ($25.00 USD). I ended up with 2 replacement bevel gears for the gear boxes and 1 male , 2 female universal parts and 3 rubber universals. It took about 2 hours to cut and file the universal parts to fit that small front assemble. A little ACC on the striped bevel gears and guess what! I now have a working Climax again. It was cheaper than buying a trashed one on E-bay. It cost total of $48.00 USD The Left or right truck assembly's will work well also. They are on sale at Bachmann. Hope this helps all those with Climax's. This beats having replace it with a Shay. Good luck Mike Mueller