How do I turn the headlight off?

I want to turn the headlight off on an N scale loco. Can I just take the body shell off and look for two wires going to the headlight and cut em?

Reply to
wolfee

It's probably an LED if it's a recent model. Instead of cutting BOTH leads, just cut ONE leg of the diode and leave it in place - it's simpler to fix if you change your mind down the road. If it's a white LED, cut it completely off, leaving the leads to the LED as long as you can, and send it to me. ;)

Alternatively, if it uses a drop-in decoder, you could convert your railroad to DCC and turn them on and off whenever you like.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Well, yeah. That'd turn it off all right. Turnin' it back on agin could become a new problem.

Uncle Joe.

Reply to
Edgar Buchannan Jr.

Reply to
wolfee

Make sure the ends of the snipped wires are >>

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I suspect that most likely not. Just make sure that you tape over the cut ends to prevent any "unusual occurrences" from happenin' later on.

Uncle Joe

Reply to
Edgar Buchannan Jr.

Doing some special-forces field model railroading?

Try using an IR headlight. Then you can see the train with your night vision goggles. :D

Reply to
Neb Okla