Hunting for couplers

Does anyone know a reliable online retailer who can sell me the coupler conversion kits for the Bachmann Spectrum F7 units? I need one that doesn't charge a minimum on international orders, and has what I need.

Thanks

Reply to
Mr Daniel Bella

What do you mean by "the coupler conversion kits?" Bachmann doesn't make any. The Spectrum line uses knuckle couplers compatible with Kadees and all similar couplers. Do you want to replace these? What with?

As for minimum shipping and handling on international shipments: there's additional paperwork involved, which means there's additional time involved. (Even a private mailing costs extra time: you have to fill out a form when sending a package overseas, no matter how small.) There's also (usually) additional packing materials required. If they ship by courier, the courier charges a fee for handling whatever customs paperwork must be done. Either the supplier eats that, or you do. Fact is, the minimum S&H charge just barely covers their costs.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

N scale micro-trains coupler conversion kits. The Bachmann Spectrum F7 A-B sets in N scale still come with rapido-style couplers. Which I frankly think is quite stupid.

Reply to
Danny TB

Best is to get your local hobby shop to stock, or at least. special order the desired parts from wherever they get their stuff from.

Bob May

Reply to
Anthony Chambers