Image Galleries now online at RailZone

Hi everyone,

After evaluating several different software packages that provide support for image galleries, I have decided to go with the Gallery project from SourgeForge at "

". To access the image galleries go to:

Feel free to explore the galleries and if you'd like to create your own galleries to share your railway-related images, please feel free to register. Registration and use of the galleries, just like our companion web-forums at:

is completely free though genuine donations to help defray the cost of maintaining the equipment, comms, etc. are always welcomed.

If you're already a registered user of the RailZone web-forums, you can use the same username and password so have to pick new authentication info, or use something different. Eventually I plan to set up these web-forums and the new image galleries to share authentication databases which will automatically allow the use of the same username/password but the code to support this doesn't seem stable enough for my liking so I haven't installed it yet. 8-)

Please let me know if you have any problems using the galleries. As a way of demonstrating them, I've created the very first new gallery which features QR tilt-train derailment pictures. I will add some miscellanous images as well that I've accumulated over time.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
C. Dewick

2 things -

  1. Could you (somehow) enable Australian date stamps (d-m-y) rather than the American type (m-d-y)?

  1. When I try for a slideshow, I get a message "This applet relies on a G2 module that is not currently enabled. Please ask an administrator to enable the 'remote' module.", but the show (sort of ) works anyway.

Cheers

Paul Blair

Reply to
Paul Blair

Good point - I'll work out how to change them.

Err, I seem to remember something in the config notes about the slideshow applet requiring some additional software to work properly, so I'll check that out too. I haven't (yet) tried any of the slideshow modules out so thanks for letting me know!

Craig.

Reply to
C. Dewick

I'm curious. Can you guys from rec.models.railroad please tell us why you do this? Isn't it like saying quarter/dime/dollar or shillings/pence/pounds or even minutes/seconds/hours? Shouldn't the units go up (or down) according to size?

Reply to
Ed Callaghan

Even better, is Year, month, day. Now that's a logical order.

Same as addresses should be, country, postal code, state/province/county, city, street address/box number, name.

Reply to
Roger T.

"Roger T." wrote

Well at least a computer will sort them logically if written that way - today of course being 050919

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote in news:dgnc25$5u5$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net:

Please! Don't re-invent the "Year 2000 Crisis"!

Today is 20050919

Reply to
Norman Morgan

"Norman Morgan" wrote

Lol - what crisis? I reckon it was just something the computer software houses cooked up to get people to spend countless billions on to cure! How many pcs or other pieces of domestic electric ware does anyone know which actually crashed on 20000101?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Don't you mean the media induced panic?

Reply to
Brian Smith

Reply to
Pete in Calgary, Alta, GWN

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:9dIXe.264427 $tt5.248629@edtnps90:

It was real enough. Thousands of people in the IT business were sweating bullets over it. It didn't affect my shop at all, since our software runs on multi-value (Pick) type database. The biggest nuisance for me was all those letters I had to write to customers and suppliers assuring them that we were "Y2K-compliant"

Reply to
Norman Morgan

And it was because they sweat bullets over it and did what was needed that we saw no serious glitches when Y2K rolled around.

Odd, isn't it, that when a problem is fixed properly some people claim there was no problem in the first place....

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I'm sorry, I considered it just another day. Not a big deal to me and when all was said and done, that's exactly what it turned out to be in fact.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith