New Sheetmetal shaping website ( English wheels and power hammers)

Announcement:

For anyone that is interested in the highly specialized craft of sheet metal shaping in which English wheels, mallets, and power hammers are used to create beautiful compound curves in sheetmetal.There is now a commercial free, new ( only 6 weeks old),online bulletin board format community and photo gallery called MetalMeet.

See the home page for an overview.

This online community also organizes a yearly,week long,international get together where members bring sheet metal shaping tools to one location and work on joint projects. This year we will be building a custom designed hot rod roadster body in steel,we'll also will be making vaintage airplane panels, a custom motorcycle fuel tank and fenders,hot forge metalshaping tool making, copper sheet artwork, and many more projects

This is our third year for the event and we have 119 people signed up. Unfortunately, we are at capacity now, so you've missed the chance to attend this years event. We will be holding a series of smaller regional events as the new year progresses and there is always next year.

See the events page for a thorough description of this years MetalMeet03 event

The site is free to use and join You must register once to access the over 120 forums and 1000s of sheet metal shaping pictures.

You can join here :

To see a sample forum which is open to unregistered visitors see :
The new MetalMeet site will become the online interactive encyclopedia of sheet metal shaping. In just 6 weeks with just word of mouth promtion we have 339 members. Please come take a look if you have something to share or are interested in keeping the craft of sheetmetal shaping alive.

Thanks,

Wray Schelin site administrator

Reply to
Wray Schelin