indentifying a train station

I picked up an English (HO?) train platform/station. The only markings are "A merit plastic product" and "J.& L.R. Limited" and "Made in Emgland". It is an island platform with T canapy supports coming from the edge of the shorter side of the platform to an overhang on the full platform. The short side is 3/4 (9") the length of the full platform. A waiting area blocks that part of the platform, but if it was for HO it wouyld only block have the track width. Height of the platform is

3/4"with a 2 1/4 inch clearance for an HO passenger car (not including track height and track bed. The full platform has a short staircase to the ground next to the waiting room. The base is a reddish/brown brick, platform and roof is a dark gray, and support posts are a lighter gray. I didn't see the name of the company in the latest Walters HO book, or a search for either name on the internet came up blank.
Reply to
Jerry Abrams

Merit-J&LR made model railway accessories. What you describe is a typical UK railway with a bay platform at one end. It doesn't sound like an island platform.

I suggest you ask your question on uk.rec.models.rail

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.