intermountain vs. kato

I'm considering getting some N scale carbody units, and I'm thinking either Intermountain F3s or Kato F7s. The Kato units seem to be a bit
hard to find, and I was wondering if anybody has had experience with these two brands and how they measure up?
Thanking you, Danny
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 08:38:58 +1000, Danny TB

I haven't heard anything bad about either units performance, however, IM made a major effup with the bodywork on one of the B units. Corrective action is pending. If anyone is curious enough, there is a very long thread about it on the Atlas N scale forum: www.atlasrr.com
fl@liner This tagline has been certified to contain no political rants.
Danny TB wrote:

Mechanically, most contemporary N Diesel locos are very similar in construction and performance. That have split frame and low friction trucks with needle wheel bearings serving as electric pickup.
Kato debiuted that design way back with their U30C locos and everybody copied it.
But Kato still has a bit of an edge the overall quality and tolerances over the other manufacturers. Although others are very close to Kato.
And both Kato and IM have excellent customer service (speaking from experience here).
Peteski