Kadee Search

I have been unable to locate certain Kadee cars through a search of the Model Train Stores listed on the Kadee website as well as a few others I know of around the country.

I would really appreciate if some of you could offer some names of train stores that you have done business with [including a website and/or an e-mail address if one is available]. I am particularly interested in train stores that sell Kadee, Intermountain, and Red Caboose [HO scale].

My Sincere Thanks, Matt Brennan

Reply to
Matt Brennan

```````` Hi, Matt. How's it going? Good to hear from you. Can't keep away from the trains, eh? Good!

My LHS carries a fairly good stock of the three manufacturers you seek. The name of the shop is "Valley Roundhouse" in Spring Valley, IL. Owner is Marion Brasher who's a good guy, honest and ethical, a retired teacher, fifty years in the hobby, MMR and a former Rock Island employee. In fact, he nicknamed his store "Home of the Rock Shop" and he has a very large RI layout he's building in the basement.

Anyway, he doesn't advertise or have a web presence. All of his promotion is strictly word of mouth, yet he has customers coming from around a 150 mile radius, many from the Chicago, Peoria, and Quad Cities areas, and everywhere in between. The store is about 100 miles southwest of Chicago, and about 60 miles northeast of Peoria. He discounts everything 20 percent off MSRP, and if there's something in stock that there has just been a price increase on from the manufacturer, he'll only apply the new price to the new stock received since the increase. He even tells you to look for the cheaper ones in the stack first!

The store address is:

122 West St. Paul Street Spring Valley, IL 61362

815-663-3411

The "official" store hours are: M-F 3-8pm, Sat. 9-4pm but most times he is there before and/or after posted hours taking care of business or working on the layout.

Give him a call when you get a chance as I know he will order and ship stuff out for people generally. He also has a lot of supplier contacts so he may be able to scare up something in particular you're looking for but have been trouble finding elsewhere...no promises, though.

Take care,

"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's In HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

Hi Paul,

Wonderful. Thank You for the train shop information! I will call him on Saturday.

All is well. I'll write to you this weekend. Busy days ahead at work. I hope you are doing well.

Best, Matt

Reply to
Matt Brennan