Kadee to Trix H0 Mikado Pilot (sorry, my english is bad)

Kadee to Trix H0 Mikado Pilot (sorry, my english is bad)

Hello, somebody has already attached operating Kadeekuppler to the pilot as a replacement for the dummy to the above engine in front. I thought shoots the short NEM 17 of Kadee only, the clutch head is, however, unfortunately then far too high. Is recommended by Kadee to the 33 or 78 but without the existing clutch photo nothing goes well remove (destroy) there. Or there is another solution. I have not found links in the web yet.

Reply to
Jürgen Pollak

I just checked the Kadee Website conversion list

and to my surprise, they don't list Trix at all. Going to the "couplers" page you can find a list of all Kadee couplers. They have three styles intended for NEM 362 coupler pockets if that does you any good. I'm guessing that you have to install a coupler pocket (draft gear box) in the pilot of the locomotive. The Type 233 coupler box is smaller and easier to fit into a steam locomotive pilot than the ordinary square Kadee box. I had to use a Dremel motor tool to enlarge the coupler opening in the pilot quite a bit before the coupler shank would fit thru the pilot into the coupler box. Number 33 is a short center set coupler. You might need a long coupler to reach over the pilot, which would be a #36. If the coupler height comes out too high or too low there are overset and underset couplers in the 30 coupler line. You want to take care on locomotives to have an electrically insulated coupler. Many (most?) locomotives have the chassis connected to one rail or the other. When such locomotives are double headed, you can have a short circuit if the couplers are electrically conductive.

David Starr

Reply to
David Starr