Layout Building Tip

When building a wall-to-wall layout, measure the distance between the walls at the points sticking furthest out... Then build your layout a tiny bit smaller.

It came down to a choice between window trim and having the layout fit. The window trim lost. Good thing I own the place.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puck, A window sill is what, one and a half inches wide? You couldn't have notched that much out of the outside perimeter of your benchwork without major changes to your track plan?

In my case, I get half the width of my basement. That means I have a nine inch thick concrete wall on one side and the lally columns on the other.

That makes my measuring easier, I guess, which is a good thing because neither the wall or the columns are going to lose.

Stevert

Reply to
Stevert

Stevert wrote in news:zQHIk.2325$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

The trim (not the sill) stuck out 5/8". On the other wall, there were some outlets at arm's height (42") that stuck out 1/4". It was much easier to remove the bottom of the trim than to modify the layout.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper