Lighting a Proto 2000 GP30's low hood...

I updated our article on lighting Proto 2000 GP30s with a second headlamp in
the low hood. I also used a YeloGlo LED in the high hood. Photos show how to
go about the modificaiton and the kind of results you can expect.
Reply to
Frank Eva
Looks nice Fred. Now, here is some constructive criticism - The BN(ex CBQ) GP30's had the headlights on the nose. The upper lights between the number boards had a red and white 'gyralight' mount there. Of course the GEs were delivered with the opposite arrangement - The headlights were up top, and the 'gyralights' were on the nose - also white number boards even after the 'Q' specifying black number boards. Just a small nit-pick - those lights do look good though!
Jim Bernier
Frank Eva wrote:
Reply to
Jim Bernier
Fred? Who's Fred?
Well, most of that can be accomplished through programming, although I'd hate to replace the upper light with a red LED - it'd hardly be visible. It would be more acceptable to put the red bulb in the low hood, but then the class lights would be red, and they'd all look like gyralights. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all. Thanks for the history lesson, though! ;-)
Reply to
Frank Eva