Lighting a Proto 2000 GP30's low hood...

I updated our article on lighting Proto 2000 GP30s with a second headlamp in the low hood. I also used a YeloGlo LED in the high hood. Photos show how to
go about the modificaiton and the kind of results you can expect.
--
Frank Eva
http://www.trainweb.org/digitalrailroader /
Frank Eva wrote:

Fred? Who's Fred?

Well, most of that can be accomplished through programming, although I'd hate to replace the upper light with a red LED - it'd hardly be visible. It would be more acceptable to put the red bulb in the low hood, but then the class lights would be red, and they'd all look like gyralights. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all. Thanks for the history lesson, though! ;-)