Lone Star N Scale

Hello guys.. I got me one of those older 'Lone Star' N scale locos & a couple of cars & some track.. The rubber bands need replacing... Any idea what this would be worth today? Cheers Jim

Reply to
JC Lewis

I looked at eBay and it looks like Lone Star hasn't become a major collectors item yet. It seems to bring a few bucks as a curio of early N (or OOO). One auction (now over) is at:

Charles Seyferlich

Worth? $5.00 in good condition. Of course you might get ten times that on ebay.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

HI JC.

Don't know what the Lone Star stuff you have is.... But!

Over here in the UK it can fetch some good prices. depending of course, on what it is. The British outline 'Rubber Band' diesel locos go for as much as £30 each. The US stuff like the F3 (think its meant to be an F3) for a bit less.

If you want to make the train run again, it's easy! It will run on normal 'N' track, not finescale stuff less than code 70. Pay a visit to your local fishing tackle shop. Look for 'Float rings' they are little bands of rubber to hold a float onto the fishing line and come in a variety of sizes. Just play around with these until you find some the right size! For future reference, if you keep the locos, DO NOT get oil onto these rubber rings, it makes them perish quickly.

An old hand with Lone Star 'OOO'. It got me into the hobby in the 60's!

Good luck

Reply to
Another One Bites The Dust

JC=A0Lewis wrote: I got me one of those older 'Lone Star' N scale locos & a couple of cars & some track.. The rubber bands need replacing... Any idea what this would be worth today?

---------------------------------------------------- These are some of the first N/000 scale trains dating back to the 1950s. I'd keep then if I had any. Here's a brief history of Lone Star:

Mark Peterson's N Scale Locomotive Encyclopedia:
My N Scale History Page (brief):
History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Thanks folks for getting back to me... I saw the item on e-bay, and the set I have is not as new as that. I appreciate the info on the rubber bands, I will give it a try. The motor in engine runs pretty good,,, some paint is worn abit in some areas I shall keep the set, maybe post some pics on them soon. cheers Jim

Reply to
JC Lewis