Mark Mason Update

I was rereading some saved posts dating from January 2003 regarding Mark Mason and his RR Custom Paints business.

As I recall, when one RMR poster and RR Custom Paints customer called the Kansas District Attorney's office, he learned there already were three complaints against Mr. Mason.

Last I heard, Mr. Mason's business was shut down (by the authorities?), and Mr. Mason himself was facing criminal charges. Out of curiosity, what's the present status of him, his business and the criminal charges?

Dieter Zakas Wondering, NJ

Reply to
Hzakas

who cares

Reply to
Gene

someone who lost money or a model to him?

Reply to
me

and this forum is going to get that money or model back for that person?

authorities?),

Reply to
Gene

Dieter, This was posted here on RMR in April of 2003. Might help. Bruce

From: eriefan ( snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com) Subject: No Court For Painter - Happy Ending

t Newsgroups: rec.models.railroad Date: 2003-04-14 20:00:47 PST

Despite a previous post, there is no longer any court date appointed for Mark Mason. Mr. Mason agreed to and signed a Consent Judgement with the Kansas Attorney General's Office on April 8th of this year. The parties agreed to stipulations, in layman's terms, in which the Attorney General physically took possession of all on hand former RR Custom Paints customer property with the intent of notifing all owners of such property and making arrangements for return to each individual.

By surrendering all above mentioned property, Mr. Mason admits no wrong doing and agrees not to seek Civil Penalties in this case. That's it. No fines, no judgement, no court. RR Custom Paints is out of business, customers get thier model's back, and people without a life will now have to badmouth someone else. A Happy Ending indeed.

If you want more details you should be able to find public records of case, just as I did, at the Official State of Kansas Web Site. For those who care to know, I'm told Mr. Mason is doing well and is still active in the Model Railroading hobby.

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Bruce,

I'd forgotten that. Thanks.

Dieter Zakas

Reply to
Hzakas

I'm sure that many people on R.M.R are disapointed that they can't arrange a beat down for Mr. Mason in exchange for a carton of smokes.

Eric

Bruce Fav "Despite a previous post, there is no longer any court date appointed for Mark Mason. Mr. Mason agreed to and signed a Consent Judgement with the Kansas Attorney General's Office on April 8th of this year. The parties agreed to stipulations, in layman's terms, in which the Attorney General physically took possession of all on hand former RR Custom Paints customer property with the intent of notifing all owners of such property and making arrangements for return to each individual.

By surrendering all above mentioned property, Mr. Mason admits no wrong doing and agrees not to seek Civil Penalties in this case. That's it. No fines, no judgement, no court. RR Custom Paints is out of business, customers get thier model's back, and people without a life will now have to badmouth someone else. A Happy Ending indeed.

If you want more details you should be able to find public records of case, just as I did, at the Official State of Kansas Web Site. For those who care to know, I'm told Mr. Mason is doing well and is still active in the Model Railroading hobby."

Reply to
Eric

snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Eric) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I think the issue is more one of closure (goodbye RR Custom Paints, hello model I sent there, welcome home) and one of warning (notice the post says he is still active) rather than the opportunity to beat a long-dead horse.

Besides, I have better things to do than flaming - like planning and building my new layout. Now if only I could find some money to start ...

Reply to
JB/NL

His web site offering custom-painted models For Sale and his "custom painting" services was still 'up' as of yesterday.(July 12th)

Reply to
Curious

This forum just gave me a name of a person I should not try to do business with. Thanks...

Reply to
Greg Pavlov

I tried his web address "

" and came up with nothing. Where are you seeing his site at?

Reply to
loneleetraindad