Re: Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?

.

We all know why he did that -- it's because he can't ship his motors legally, so he has to hide what he's shipping.
The real question is why does Jerry keep making a lightning rod of himself? He KNEW he was shipping illegally, so the smart move would be to keep his mouth shut and his business under the table. Does he do this? No! Instead, he loudly and repeatedly insists that he's perfectly legal, that he's been screwed by TRA/NAR, and that everyone who catches him in a lie is a traitor/liar/etc.
Figuratively speaking, Jerry's standing on a mountaintop during a thunderstorm holding a ten foot steel launch rod, and bitching 'cause he keeps getting fried.

Hmmm... Don't neglect the possibility that he's right. To parapharase something James Mason said in "Heaven Can Wait", the probability someone is right increases the more people try to convince him he's wrong.
It may well be that shipping his motors is perfectly legal by the word of law, which is what Jerry seems to maintain - but that doesn't mean he can't be prosecuted; the word of law meaning little these days.
(Heck, 90% of what the IRS does isn't supported by law)
Sometimes you just have to rub blue mud in your navel if that's the local custom - and calling them "model airplane parts" could be considered such an accomodation. There's even a shred of truth in it, at least as much as there is in 5 year-olds being accused of "making terroristic threats".
Hey Jerry, looks you have a new supporter. His words have a familiar ring to us previous believers/suckers..
Fred
Scott Schuckert wrote:

<< It may well be that shipping his motors is perfectly legal by the word of law, which is what Jerry seems to maintain >>
If he really believed that, he wouldn't have disguised the contents by labeling it "model aircraft parts".
<< Sometimes you just have to rub blue mud in your navel if that's the local custom - and calling them "model airplane parts" could be considered such an accomodation. >>
That's not a "local custom" or accomodation to the law. It's just cheating to get around a law.

Disclusure is not disguise.
If you claim I thought I shipped explsives as nothing, you miss the point.
If you admit I have papers that say they are NOT explosives, you get the point.
Of course the DOT monologue and menu of lies in administrative orders is going to take the most aberrant position possible. They are a bureaucracy!
Look at the ATF!
But then you miss the point so often it is either intentional or you cannot comprehend basic logic and english. Or both.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

You lied, plain and simple. How is labeling class B materials, as "model aircraft parts", disclosure? How is that not fraudulent on ANY level?
No, you do not have ANY paperwork authorizing you to ship class B materials.
The point is, you, jerry irvine are a liar, so do everybody a favor and sit down and shut up.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

The point is that requiring propellant, in the forms and formulas encountered in sport rocketry products, to be shipped and stored as "Explosives, Class 1" (or "class B materials" by the old designations) is excessive and overly restrictive. Such a designation overstates the actual hazards associated with handling the material in practice, and creates unnecessary hassles in its commerce, transport, and use.
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Wipe your chin.
Actually, the point is, "Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?". That's the point. Got it now?
Dave Grayvis wrote:

How would you label them? "Scary Dangerous Flammable Rocket Motors that Don't Actually Qualify For The 'Class 1 Explosives' Hazard Category But We Want Everyone To Think They Do"??
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Is that the only possibility you can come up with? I think you I.Q. is showing.

:) They would have fined me for that too, but it would look great in the pleading!!
Top 10 things Jerry should label the next "exempt" shipment:
Jerry Irvine wrote:

The question is, Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?
For Christ's sake, it's a jerry thread, try to stay on topic.

A non-ass-kisser would have come up with some better words, Dave.
How 'bout
1) Non-explosive rocket motors 2) Non-explosive rocket propellant 3) Non-regulated rocket motors 4) Non-regulated rocket propellant 5) Unclassified rocket motors 6) Unclassified rocket propellant 7) Safe and sane rocket motors (okay, that's kinda funny)
Anyway, see a trend here, Dave? All the descriptions mention rocket motors or propellant. If Jerry was really trying to set a new benchmark, why did he hide in subterfuge and deception?
Jerry is a very crafty, deceptive, dishonest man, Dave. He has you under his spell. You are totally brainwashed by the man. It is a classic case of... what do they call it when an older man seduces a young boy?

Why use the word explosive?

Perhaps.
False since there WERE tests and classifications.

Has a legal meaning in fireworks.

Trolling?
Spell? The same person that made a H2O2 rocket and H2O2 you couldn't do on your best day is able to be put under spells?
Cool!
Dave W.
Make me 5000 gallons of 90% H2O2.
Make me 5000 gallons of 90% H2O2.
Make me 5000 gallons of 90% H2O2.
Make me 5000 gallons of 90% H2O2.
I have a spaceplane I want to fly :)
You will comply.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

E-mail me this time next year. We're just in the pilot plant stage now.
-dave w

The spell is working....
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Answer the question Jerry, Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?
On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:18:32 -0700, David Weinshenker

Wipe your chin again.
If Skippy is so sure of himself why didn't he label them "Rocket Motors"?
<< How would you label them?>>
I don't know, Dave. Maybe he should have his own propellent properly tested by a currently approved agency, and then label it according to its DOT classification. You know, like the legitimate manufacturers do?
Of course, if he doesn't want to be a legitimate manufacturer, that's fine too. He can run a black market operation if he wants. I don't have a problem with that. But that comes with certain limitations; such as keeping a low profile, not getting your motors certified, missing out on the mass market, etc. You have to stick doing business with folks who don't care if the motors they buy were legally made or legally shipped, and you shouldn't go around daring people to prove you wrong and asking to be a "test case".