Re: Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?

I don't know, Dave. Maybe he should have his own propellent properly tested by a currently approved agency, and then label it according to its DOT classification. You know, like the legitimate manufacturers do?

Of course, if he doesn't want to be a legitimate manufacturer, that's fine too. He can run a black market operation if he wants. I don't have a problem with that. But that comes with certain limitations; such as keeping a low profile, not getting your motors certified, missing out on the mass market, etc. You have to stick doing business with folks who don't care if the motors they buy were legally made or legally shipped, and you shouldn't go around daring people to prove you wrong and asking to be a "test case".

Reply to
RayDunakin

You could start by indicating what is actually in the box.

Once there was an investigation statred, they found that you there was no way you didn't intensionally mislabel the box. If you had done it properly, you might have had an argument on the other points.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Now Jerry, did you really think no one would look at that document? Or maybe you hoped it was too blurry to read. Because that document recommends that the tested material be given a Class B classification in certain quantities. It does NOT say that smaller quantities are not Class B. It doesn't address smaller quantities at all.

Oh, and it doesn't say "Jerry Irvine" or "U. S. Rockets" either, and the propellent formula has been redacted. What proof do you have that _your_ propellent is the same propellent that was tested?

Reply to
RayDunakin

By labeling it honestly.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not just speculation, but an attempt to shift the blame away from the person who committed the crime.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I think they call it self flagellation; or is it self deification fixation..(:-)

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

k> > >

=

Answer the question, Why does jerry irvine ship rocket motors as "model =

aircraft parts"?

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

LOL! Your "certification" isn't worth the pixels it's displayed with.

Translation: "I'm cornered, so I'll make up some BS about being legally restrained from saying more."

Reply to
RayDunakin

Actually it seems like a real stretch to claim that the tested propellent isn't hazmat under a certain size, when the document never addresses that issue.

So you're admitting that if the material were submitted for testing today, it would be classified as "explosive" by DOT even in smaller quantities?

As I said above, that's a stretch. The document does not say that smaller quantities are not Class B. It simply fails to address that issue.

Exactly how did they lie?

No, they never said they lost them, they said they never received them. Since no one else has had any problems with DOT either losing things or failing to receive them, one must assume that you never actually sent what you claimed to have sent.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Becaue Jerry lacks morals, integrity and honor ... that should about cover the bases?

Reply to
Word of Reason

You are simply wrong.

Furthermore smaller sizes were addressed in the recommendation as follows: W.S. Chang, BOE Chief Chemist wrote 7-14-86: It is recommended that the material represented by this sample [sample representing all size ranges] is described as Propellant Exoplosive, Solid and classed as a Class B Explosive [fire hazard but minimal projection or blast hazard] when the material [note only when the material] is shipped [only when shippping] in a cast form [particle size is a hard solid form, ie. NOT a powder] with the minimum dimensions of

36.00"h x 3.30"d. [a solid cylinder 3.3 x 36 inches] [emphasis mine]

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Furthermore smaller sizes were addressed in the recommendation as follows: W.S. Chang, BOE Chief Chemist wrote 7-14-86: It is recommended that the material represented by this sample [sample representing all size ranges] is described as Propellant Exoplosive, Solid and classed as a Class B Explosive [fire hazard but minimal projection or blast hazard] when the material [note only when the material] is shipped [only when shippping] in a cast form [particle size is a hard solid form, ie. NOT a powder] with the minimum dimensions of 36.00"h x

3.30"d. [a solid cylinder 3.3 x 36 inches] [emphasis mine]

ONLY WHEN

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How would you know? You are not conducting a rocket motor business are you? There are many things in life that seem excessive. Get over it and comply or go away. Why don't you go to the rental car companies and complain that they are enforcing state laws by requiring a valid driver license to rent a car. Nobody will deny that Jerry has been around the hobby for a long time but you will have a difficult time finding those that think he is good for the hobby. That situation was created and fostered by his actions. He knows it and it's what makes him angry. With all of his supposed knowledge he could form his own rocketry org and make the rules that he has tried to have TRA implement. The only problem is 6 members won't cut it. Jerry could fix things and sell a ton of motors but it slaps his "Look what they did to me" mantra in the face. If he wanted to make $$$ he would change things.

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

It's funny how Jerry answers for Dave and Dave answers for Jerry, isn't it?

John

Reply to
John Stein

If I wanted to sell to 2500 (listed and party approved) screaming whiners you mean.

The old days were better. There were HPR lone rangers all over the place.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Where does it say that the sample "represents ALL size ranges? It does NOT say that.

Class B is Class B.

The word "only" is yours too. You added that to change the meaning of the document. As written, it contains no minimum size limitation on the classification of the material -- it simply fails to address smaller sizes. And no one has said anything about "powder", so why are you throwing that in there?

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's what lovers do.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

"If I wanted to sell to 2500 (listed and party approved) screaming whiners you mean."

Jerry

Their money spends just the same. It's probably for the best. The motor supply is strong right now and another mfg. would probably have a tough time starting out in a saturated market. :-(

I just received the a shipment of the Pro75 reloads. Packaging is first rate. Really nice stuff. The M1400 will fly this weekend.

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Reply to
Phil Stein

First time I've ever seen a dual ventriloquy act. :)

Reply to
RayDunakin