Rivet Counter

Salv On another thread a discussion wasongoing about the term rivet counter until it descended into an australasian moras of insults, I am interested to know
if there is a polite expression escribing the "helpful" rivet counter as opposed to the obnoxious individual who ruins everones joy in the hobby? Val Beowulf
Beowulf wrote:

Nahh! The obnoxious idiots who ruin our hobby can't distinguish between the two genre.
The term I am familiar with for this type of modeling is "Railroad Prototype Modeling", RPM for short. It's adherents are refered to as "Railroad Prototype Modelers" or "RPM'ers" for short. I've encountered many, if not most, knowlegeable and helpful gentlemen in their ranks.
"Paul - The CB&Q Guys" Modeling 1960's In HO.
Beowulf wrote:

Beowulf wrote:
> On another thread a discussion wasongoing about the term rivet > counter until it descended into an australasian moras of insults, I > am interested to know if there is a polite expression escribing the > "helpful" rivet counter as opposed to the obnoxious individual who > ruins everones joy in the hobby?
Peter, how do rivet counters ruin everyone's joy in the hobby?
For that matter, how could one individual, obnoxious or otherwise, have so much benign influence over so many people?
BTW, no response to my comments about Tuplin, erecting gangs, etc.?
cheers,
Mark.
Givittafloggin, NSW.
Salv

I have to admit to having erred :( the author was in actual fact John C. Gibson, He apprenticed to the Midland and South Western Junction Railway ,amalgamated later into the G.W.R. in the Grouping in 1923 where he was transferred into the "A Erecting Shop" at Swindon he was ordaind into the Anglican ministry in 1935. I appologise for citing the wrong author the time taken for replying was due to reading Tulpin in order to find the reference I mentioned.... I make no appologies for what he wrote either :) I've given his qulifications what are yours? if they dont include a classical apprenticeship and City and Guilds equivalents in paperwork then your qualifications versus his are not comparable, this is not to denigrate your qualifications but his word ( as well as Tulpins) is of far more value than that of a worshop labourer (in British terms), whilst labouring is a skilled job its not the same as an erecting shop fitter/locomotive Fitter. As a reply to your question it comes when they insist on forcing their views upon everyone else or destroying another persons joy in the hobby in order to further their own sense of self importance, in other words they are selfish individuals with no social skills and obnoxious habits, and it is perfectly fitting to discuss them in this group, and to see if there is in actual fact a nicer nickname that we can use to describe those genuine experts who are admittedly armchair modellers but who enrich the hobby with their genuine research which they happily share on demand (as it were) with the rest of us.I may be bowling a yorker here but do you yourself enjoy being twitted by someone who based on your own experience doesnt know what they are waffling on about? Val Beowulf
Mark Newton has not qualifications to speak of other than posting on a train board. By that makes him an expert right?
Beowulf wrote:

The penis manipulator pretending to be snipped-for-privacy@aim.com, wrote:
> Mark Newton has not qualifications to speak of
And you know that how? Along with your "degree" in thermodynamics, you also got a certificate in clairvoyancy?
> By that makes him an expert right?
Expert enough to recognise you for what you are...
Yet again you show up how little you know of this topic. Please study and learn before attempting to talk about it.
Mark Newton wrote:

The fuck-knuckle masquerading as snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Good on yer, loony. When asked a simple question, avoid answering and go off on some ratbag tangent...

Again, you know that how?
Foul language is the sign of a weak mind Mark I am sorry to add that to your list of weaknesses. Can you leave Australia to find help or are you stuck there and need to keep suffereing?
I know you are not qualified since you are a teenager of weak mind and spirit and your posting on the subject showed that to us.
Mark Newton wrote:

Franz T wrote:
> Actually, Mark is speaking english here.And he is not insulting you, > he is merely stating his observation of a fact which is plainly > obvious to all of us.
LOL!
> I do appreciate your concern about getting Mark help and I do believe > you can help not only Mark but all of us by simply finding out if you > are truly saved. I should think that handling 2 dozen rattlesnakes > simultaneously should do the trick.
Jeez, Franz, I think even a rattlesnake might object to being handled by it - although I don't doubt it has plenty of experience "handling" animals. :-)
> *note to our Antipodean friends: Sylvia Browne is a "medium" currently > enjoying great popularity on US television.
Oddly enough, I've heard of that silly old slapper! She's living proof of P.T. Barnum's observations!
Cheers,
Mark.
On 13 Jan 2007 08:24:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

You're calling other people angry? You are the one angry over imaginary laws about not being allowed to say "Merry Christmas" in public.
X-No-Archive
I am posting the facts others can get angry not me. You are full of rage and foul language. Still praying you will find inner peace.
Spender wrote:

Rattlesnakes? That a sideshow geek trick. I like my idea better. have Curt pray for a person who has been decapitated and produce a full and healthful recovery.
Spender wrote:

Better still, decapitate "curt" and *we* can all pray for *his* recovery.
Or not bother...
Cheers,
Mark.
"Mark" (one of your fake names),
So now you want to murder people? You are really a sick and bothered person to be sorry for. Making threats of murder is against the law, I have sent this to the Australian Embassy, FBI, and State Department so you will stop.
Mark Newton wrote:

On 14 Jan 2007 18:29:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

They'll be laughing and have your email pinned to their billboard in no time. Keep in mind that in such cases they always investigate the demonstrably crazy person first.
Steve, another day of prayer today to hope you will change. It will take time but I am patient. Will you do any modeling of trains today that may help your mood.
Spender wrote:

X-No-Archive
Mark bad language is the sign of a weak and frustrated mind I will add that to the things to pray for about you. Can you leave Australia to get help?
Foul mouted Mark Newton wrote:

Rivet counters need to be shut up. Fat momma's boys who ruin the hobby and cant get a woman to talk with them so they talk boxcar panels