Merry Christmass All

Yeah I know that is not PC. I live in a RED state and celebrate July fourth with my family. Roe

Reply to
Roe Thomas

So? You may know it, but from where? From who? Sean Hannity?? Bill O'Reilly?

I live in a "blue" state, and last night celebrated Christmas Eve with three other families (none of us have family nearby - mine and my wife's are in the midwest) as we have done for 27 years. One young woman, here with her husband of 6 months, first attended as a 9 month old baby. The celebrants include people raised in Methodist, Episcopal, Catholic, Jewish, Greek Orthodox, and Moslem (Iranian) traditions. Those of us that still "believe" don't consider any of the others doomed to hell because they believe differently or not at all. We hug and wish each other Merry Christmas, drink champagne or sparkling cider in front of a firelace full of glowing logs, have a real Swiss fondue dinner with air dried beef and little French pickles and California Sauvignon Blanc, and some Oregon kirschwasser, and later a little Scots single malt. Nobody calls the cornichons "freedom gherkins".

That sort of politically correct idiocy, whether from left or right, is not part of our culture, and anyone attempting to promote it would be royally teased. We say Merry Christmas and mean it, although the likes of Jerry Falwell or that little ranting right winger Rev. James Robison probably think we're one and all going to hell. They, like we, are entitled to go to hell in their own handbaskets. I'd rather go for disrespect for self-proclaimed authorities than for sanctimony.

Our group of friends often, but not always, celebrate July 4th together when not with other friends. This year we were in different places on the

4th, but did get together on the 14th in the Jewish guy's back yard to celebrate Quatorze Juillet, otherwise known as Bastille Day, with some local French friends and visitors. Didn't have any fries though, just chicken and sausages and tri-tips and salmon on the grill, chips and salsa and potato salad and an assortment of wines, and beers made by small businesses.

I realize this may be totally foreign to the picture of "blue state" denizens you've been fed by whoever, but, hey, that's the way it goes.

Wisning you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and an open mind,

Reply to
Steve Caple

You have been reported to the ACLU, Amy Goodman, Al Franken and Michael Moore.

The PC Police are on their way!

The underground railroad can smuggle you to a "red" state, where you would be able to claim political asylum.

Whatever you do, don't flee to France - they have an extradition agreement with the ACLU!

Gallillee

The ACLU even defends paranoid Ayatollhoids, Aryan Nations, Christian Identity and Klan types when they're being tried for speech. So fear not, or just go on adding Reynold's Wrap to your chapeau. You might wanta line your grannies tennies with it.

Reply to
Steve Caple

bELATED Merry Christmas to all and Happy Boxing Day to those in Canada JJ

Reply to
JaiJEF

With all due respect what have they as theoretical christians got against Christmas? Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Thank you so much for turning a simple holiday wish into a political post. Why don't you take your politcal rants somewhere else? Some place that people will appreciate it instead of a MODEL RAILROADING newsgroup.

And thank you for helping to turn this once great group into the quagmire it is today.

Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

And you respond to an obvious troll because why? There must be some logical reason... I mean, do you enjoy ruining other people's fun by trying to destroy this group? Or what?

Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Salvé Pac Man skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:ETUzd.13831$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthli nk.net...

Dear Paul, Correctly speaking he is perfectly correct to rant at Christmas time as the ranters from which the word comes were a religious group of the 16/1700´s in England only as far as I know, lead if memory serves me right by one Abeezer Copp. Of whom it was said "did away with sin" but later recanted and admitted there where three sins Gluttony, pride and hypocrisy :) Personally I took it as a joke, but then I'm not american..... :) posibly my British sense of humour overpowering me :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

I'm sure they're all for it, but not for "us"" as the "Christian Pledge" (Religious Roundtable, Christian Coalition, etc. seem to use it) says, they believe in "Life and Liberty for those who Believe". I guess that means no life for those who don't believe their way. I also see a conflict with the anti-abortion set, unless they think that fetii "believe". But cognitive dissonance is something these folks are good at handling, obviously.

Of course, ya gotta believe just what they say is the right way . . . and probably have to send in your $10 a week to keep the television "ministry" going, too.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I don't care if "rant" is a good word to use or not. I'm trying to save this group from people like him (and you for that matter...recipes? On a MODEL RAILROADING newsgroup? Could I have "Totally Off Topic Posts" for a thousand, please, Alex?). This used to be a great place to talk trains, now it's a heaving mass of politics, religion, and off topic BS that has no place here.

IOW, actually try to post model railroading topics here for a change. Maybe we can actually get some of the good people to come back if we try to stop the nonsense...

Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

My apologies for the crack about the recipe postings. I can see that it's been forged with your name. However, please stop encouraging the other OT postings about religion and politics. Thanks.