Model RR Club (HO) Open house Long Island, NY next weekend

Greetings from Farmingdale, Long Island, NY.

Visit our club WebPage for lots of photos and more info at:

The West Island Model RR Club presents it's Annual Open House for

2003---coming this weekend!

NOV. Time

14-15-16 Fri nights: 7:30-10 p.m. 21-22-23 Sat/ Sun afternoons: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. 28-29-30

Come out to see our large 66' x 50' operating HO scale layout---- the largest layout in the N.Y.C. metropolitan area, with more than 10 trains operating at one time on a fully sceniced miniature railroad-- The Allegheny & Western R.R. controlled by Northcoast Engineering's DCC system with Live Sound Effects in the locomotives. The layout has over 9 scale miles of double track mainline featuring: an enormous steel mill, coal mines, live coal dumpers, 6 large yards, a large waterfront area, industrial areas, towns, mountains and more.

The club is located only 1/2 hour from N.Y. City at 188 Merritts Rd. Farmingdale, Long Island, NY in the rear of the Merritt Shopping Center-

Directions: Northern State Pkwy. or Long Isl. Expy (I-495) to the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expy (Rt. 135) south- (or Southern St. Pkwy to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expy. north-) Exit at Hempstead Tpke (Rt. 25) east--1 mile to Merritts Rd. Right turn (under RR bridge)- 1/4 mile to shopping center on right side. Entrance is around the back, down the stairs. Free parking. Cameras and video welcome.

Adult admission $4- Under 12 FREE w/ adult. Bring the whole family! Contact: Kevin Katta snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or call the club direct at

516-293-0994 with questions. Memberships available.

White Elephant tables with lots of model railroad items -new and used- for sale! (mostly HO Scale, some O scale and N)

Sorry-- not handicap. accessible.

Visit our club WebPage for lots of photos and directions to the club at:

Thank you for your interest ! We look forward to seeing you.

Reply to
K. Katta