Model RR Club (HO) Open house Long Island, NY next weekend

Greetings from Farmingdale, Long Island, NY.
Visit our club WebPage for lots of photos and more info at:

The West Island Model RR Club presents it's Annual Open House for
2003---coming this weekend!
NOV. Time
14-15-16 Fri nights: 7:30-10 p.m.
21-22-23 Sat/ Sun afternoons: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
28-29-30
Come out to see our large 66' x 50' operating HO scale layout----
the largest layout in the N.Y.C. metropolitan area, with more than 10 trains
operating at one time on a fully sceniced miniature railroad--
The Allegheny & Western R.R. controlled by Northcoast
Engineering's DCC system with Live Sound Effects in the locomotives.
The layout has over 9 scale miles of double track mainline featuring: an
enormous steel mill, coal mines, live coal dumpers, 6 large yards, a large
waterfront area, industrial areas, towns, mountains and more.
The club is located only 1/2 hour from N.Y. City at 188 Merritts Rd.
Farmingdale, Long Island, NY in the rear of the Merritt Shopping Center-
Directions: Northern State Pkwy. or Long Isl. Expy (I-495) to the
Seaford-Oyster Bay Expy (Rt. 135) south-
(or Southern St. Pkwy to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expy. north-)
Exit at Hempstead Tpke (Rt. 25) east--1 mile to Merritts Rd. Right turn
(under RR bridge)- 1/4 mile to shopping center on right side.
Entrance is around the back, down the stairs. Free parking. Cameras and
video welcome.
Adult admission $4- Under 12 FREE w/ adult. Bring the whole family!
Contact: Kevin Katta snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or call the club direct at
516-293-0994 with questions. Memberships available.
White Elephant tables with lots of model railroad items -new and used- for
sale! (mostly HO Scale, some O scale and N)
Sorry-- not handicap. accessible.
Visit our club WebPage for lots of photos and directions to the club at:

Thank you for your interest ! We look forward to seeing you.
Reply to
K. Katta

Site Timeline