Model This!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/Archdean/Backhoe%20photos/?action=view&current 6b6ccd.pbw

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:06:19 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

That sequence is utterly amazing! That smacking sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the desktop. -- Ray

Well, I'll tell you; I've run more than a couple of backhoes in my time, and I frankly thought the pics must be fakes until I looked at them closely a second and third time.
I wouldn't try that trick myself on a bet!
-Pete
P. Roehling wrote:

It's not your run-of-the-mill backhoe, it's been modified to suit the task. If you look at the first couple stills, you'll see the brackets (for lack of a better term) on the front bucket and right behind the front wheels. Here's a link to the "Cartopper" web site:
<http://www.herzogcompanies.com/rrservices/cartopper.php
Stevert

I know. That was what I noticed when I watched the sequence the second and third times.
-Pete
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:27:56 GMT, Stevert wrote:

Thanks for that link - it's better to know it's a regularly available mod, not the inspired shade tree mod I initially thought it was.
--
Steve

That takes balls of steel. I don't think you could pay me to do that

P. Roehling wrote:

Imagine if the lawyers for whoever that backhoe operator works for saw that stunt. Or an OSHA inspector for that matter.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me