MTH Turnout Problem

I am having trouble with O27 locomotives derailing as they enter the curved section (from the straight section) of an MTH 42" switch. The inside wheels on the lead truck hit the gap in the frog and jump the track. It seems to happen fairly consistently with both of my switches and a variety of locos of 027 size (it's worse with the F3). Anybody else have or heard of this problem?

Reply to
Len Burke

I'm not familiar with MTH switches. I would suggest you go to the O Gauge Railroad web site, sign up for their forum and post your question there. You could also e-mail snipped-for-privacy@aol.com with your question as he has a whole layout using MTH track and switches.

Reply to
TRAINMAN9

Len,

The points are probably not closing all the way. It's difficult to describe in writing, but look under the turnout, where the sliding rod is. There is a fine wire silver spring, with a leg on either side of the slide. Many times I found they are out of position, and both legs of the spring are on the same side. Use something small to get one leg back to the other side of the slide, and it should work fine.

Jim F.

Len Burke wrote:

Reply to
Jim Flynn