Need A Hobby?

A man needs a hobby.
I guess I'm not well-rounded. I seldom take a vacation (never, come to think of it), and I don't spend a whole lot of time in church, though
I do not consider myself a pagan.
All I do is work to pay a bill, and I'm approximately forty eight hours ahead of the rest of my bills.
Based on this, I recently came to the conclusion that much of life is pointless.
I need a hobby.
I need a hobby, something besides the simple desire for more sex. That brings up an interesting point. Why is it that sex, is not considered a hobby? Maybe it's because you don't use glue, or epoxy, like in making a model airplane.
Then again, maybe you do.
In any event, I'm trying to find myself a hobby, something at which I can relax, and find personal enrichment.
Here are some possibilities that I have actually acted upon, or have been actively mulling over:
Like most suburbanites, I live in fairly close proximity to other houses. The elderly lady in the house across from me stares at my room window a lot. We've all seen people who stare. Maybe she's just bored. But I've come to the conclusion...she's watching me for some reason.
There can only be one possibility.
She's watching me dress. And undress.
After a week of this, I decided to give her her money's worth.
I now do two nightly shows, and one in the morning.....at my window. My dressing and undressing shows.
I go into a slow dance routine, and flex my huge, rugged jungle muscles. I recently purchased a bow tie like the kind used by Chippendale's male dancers, and I wear an old high school jock strap from PE.
I'm thinking of adding a strobe light to expand the act.
This is a hobby that's better than gin rummy.
And, you're making people happy.
Another potential hobby involves the clever use of empty toilet paper rolls, you know, those little cardboard cylinders once the toilet paper is used up. I have long
http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Humor/20060929/25462.html
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:56:13 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Did you forget something? Like the body of your post?
--
Ray

Nope. See the thread title above. "N/T" means "no text".
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:12:00 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Spell it out next time or suffer the same fate. Bwahahahaha!
Down here, NT means Northern Territory. -- Ray
On 1/28/2008 7:42 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

You're coming perilously close to sounding like your good friend Greg, "mate".
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:50:20 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Could be worse. N/T also refers to a Windows flavor. -- Ray
On 1/28/2008 7:54 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

Nope, that be NT. Next?

The absolute worst would be "No testicles".
-- Cheers
Roger T. Home of the Great Eastern Railway at:- http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra / Latitude: 48 25' North Longitude: 123 21' West
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:20:16 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

. . . he writes, with a high pitched voice . . . -- Ray
On 1/28/2008 9:48 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

No, no, no: it's one of those "Tom Swifties" (remember those?): "Who stole my jockstrap?", he demanded testily.

Mmmm........exactly how does one *do* that?
Write above the staff, perhaps? ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________
Pete
David Nebenzahl wrote:

You need to learn to distinguish between my actual postings and those postings Ray made but claimed to be mine!

(Shrug)
If you want to show off your ignorance of posting contractions it's no skin off my nose. N/T (not NT) has meant "no text" in international newsgroups for as long as I've been posting, which is about ten years now.
Of course, I *did* pick it up from postings on motorcycle groups, but I find it difficult to imagine that bikers as a whole are more literate than model railroaders...
(More adventurous? Perhaps. More literate? Unlikely.)
LMAO,
Pete
P. Roehling wrote:

Well, I have never seen it in many years and many groups. However one could understand that contributors to motorcycle groups would find getting past the subject line very challenging and would therefore need to resort to N/T.

Well, some of us live and learn. Some of us just live.*
Pete
*Except for Aussies; who seem to live in order to complain.**
**About trivia.
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:48:59 +1100, Eddie Oliver wrote:

What can you expect from folks who have to go to the [e.g.] Harley store to get something exciting between their legs?
--
Steve

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:38:34 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Laugh all you want. Most people who have been around for ten years or more know to use alt.test for a test post.
Did you see your subject? Was that some sort of secret code or something?
"No, we've already got one." What's that supposed to mean? -- Ray
On 1/28/2008 9:57 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

Ray, you really are thick as a brick. Look up, man, look up ...

Uh, it wasn't a test post.

Of course not. I *always* type with my eyes closed... Ahem.

Oh dear. Either you simply *are* thick as a brick (hereafter known as the Nebenzahl theorem) or -perhaps more likely- your newsreader failed to pick up the OP I was replying to: "Need A Hobby?"; which was a none-too-clever troll posted by someone with too much time on their hands.
Now; what's *your* excuse?