New Atlas N GP-7

I saw a banner at some internet supply house suggesting a new run of GP-7 locos was coming this month. Has anybody seen one? Does anybody know if the Burlington Route, old black and silver color scheme will be included as was in the last run?

Reply to
wolfee

Wolfee,

Atlas has N scale SD9's arriving in December 2003, but there is nothing about another run of N scale GP7's at this time. And there is no CB&Q paint schemes in the new run.

Jim Bernier

wolfee wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

Wolf,

Atlas recently released a new run of EMD GP-7s, but the CB&Q models are the newer red/silver livery. Take a look here:

Atlas announced a new run of EMD SD-24s due in January 2004, but again the CB&Q will only be available in red/silver.

Best regards from Milwaukee, WI U.S.A. Gregory Braun

E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@GregoryBraun.com Web Site:

1.414.817.6508

Slot Cars:

Track:

Ancient of days! august Athena! where, Where are thy men of might? thy grand in soul? Gone--glimmering through the dream of things that were.

--Byron

Reply to
Gregory Braun -- HO Slot Car Racing

Greg--That's where I saw it! Scroll down and you can see they are announcing a "new run of GP-7's in September" Wouldn't this ordinarily mean more of what they already did, or does it mean new roadnames different from the last run?

Reply to
wolfee

Wolfee,

These GP's are the last run which just arrived. The BLW site already has some of them listed out of stock and they may not even have arrived at BLW - Welcome to the 'land of ltd runs' I think there was a run back in something like 1995(IIRC) of 'Blackbird' GP's. Painting 'undec' units in the 'Blackbird' paint scheme is too difficult as Microscale makes the lettering/stripping sets. Also, look around on eBay and see if you can pick up units. I filled out some Milw and C&NW GP's by bird-dogging eBay and I got them at very good prices. For your info, the 'Blackbird' scheme was used on switchers and GP/SD units until about 1958. The 'Q' then went to the 'Redbird' scheme. IIRC, the SD24's came delevered in the new paint scheme....

Jim Bernier

Reply to
Jim Bernier