New Los Angeles Area Train Store

Check out the newest train store in the Los Angeles Area!

Loacted in Temple City. The store is on Las Tunas Drive just one block East of Rosemead Boulevard on the North side of the street.

They have a nice selection of HO and N scale trains. They have magazines, books and scrach building supplies. They even have some Lionel O scale sets. They have a "kickback" room complete with TV, couch, conference table and chairs ready for clinics, meetings and just chewing the railroad fat. Temple City Trains & Toys

9087 Las Tunas Drive Temple City, CA 91780

(626) 614-8094 (626) 614-8085 FAX

David J. Sanchez

That sort of places them in the rather large shadow cast by the Whistle Stop in Pasadena. I hope they don't get buried by that.

Reply to
Rick Jones

You are not kidding about the shadow of The Original Whistle Stop. I, David Sanchez, am one of the partners that own the new store and we have our work cut out for us. I just left the Whistle Stop one week ago after working there for the last five and half years. The inventory that the Whistle Stop has is simply amazing. The brass and book selection is huge there. I really loved working there and I will miss being part of that family.

We are going to offer every day discounts on many items. We have a large beautiful store which is located in a great spot with plenty of parking. We have the room inside the store to have a "kickback" room where guys can just sit and relax while chewing the railroad fat or watching movies. We welcome groups that would like to have meetings, clinics and gatherings at our shop.

I am the HO guy and Bill is the N scale guy. The third member of our team, also named David, is a big Lionel 3 rail guy so we cover the main bases pretty well.

We are pretty modern in our thinking and we will take advantage of all avenues to sell our products. Service is another big part of our plan and we will bust our asses for our customers. I feel that there is plenty of business to go around especially since 3 major stores have closed in the area in the last 12 months.

Wish us luck! I hope I can attract your business too.

Happy New Year!

David Sanchez www.templecitytra>David J. Sanchez wrote:

Reply to
David J. Sanchez

Are you intending to offer a mail order service, including to overseas buyers?

Reply to
Eddie Oliver

Reply to
curtmchere

Good luck with the endevour. I used to live in Southern California, so I know where all of the good stores used to be. Since I'm now in Houston, TX I won't be dropping in any time in the foreseeable future.

Reply to
Rick Jones

You had better hope that this is not an indication of the health of the hobby in your area. If it is you may have a short unhappy life.

Giving away all the profit you need to grow and expand your business at a time when you need the money to grow is not a good idea.

Discount if you feel you need to buy a customer base but don't let yourself think that this will keep you around very long. If there is not something special about your operation to bring people back you won't last long.

What is that something special going to be?

Bill Dixon

Reply to
Bill Dixon

It is as simple as selection, service, and prices. Discounts ALONE will bring people back if they are big enough. Giving away profit? That is an odd way of putting it and if believed will doom the store to closure. How about reversiing it 'stealing more of customer money'. THAT will ensure you are around.

Discount if need to? If he doesn't he will not survive. He knows it, thus he is

Bill Dix> >> . . . I feel that there is

Reply to
curtmchere