Noisy Bachman engines.

Hello. I have 3 N scale Bachman Santa Fe Diesel Engines and I'd like to use them but they all make the same noise, like a sewing machine, too loud compared to my other engines. Is there a trick to reduce this noise? It seems characteristic of this brand and model since all 3 make exactly the same. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
muselart

Try some Labelle or Aero-Car gear grease or gear oil. Not much - a pointy toothpick carries enough lube. After a three or four hours of running, clean the gear train, and apply more grease.

Or try the toothpaste trick.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf K.