Note to Craig Welch & Greg Proctor

Get a room, you two. I think I speak for the congregation when I say that nobody here has the slightest interest in your latest hissy fits.

Wow! You've got ballz! This type of a comment usually brings an instant response from our dear Mark Newton accusing the poster of playing a moderator.
Lets see how long it takes him to jump all over you. Peteski
On 12/27/2007 11:30 PM Peter W. spake thus:

Moderator? How about "voice of reason"?

I think even Mark may agree with me in this instance.

I'm all for unmoderated newsgroups, but when posters begin using the MI-5 fruitcake's spam-posting tactics such as morphing thread titles to evade killfiles, it's time to call a halt.
Pete
On 12/28/2007 12:24 AM P. Roehling spake thus:

"Call a halt"? What could you possibly mean by that? Do you have some magic technology that can remove such postings?
It's either a) rely on more and more complex filtering techniques, which require constant tweaking and vigilance, or b) my much easier approach: DON'T READ THE DAMN POSTS. Doesn't require ANY technology or anxiety. Simple. Effective.

Uh, time for the posters in question to take an honest look in their respective mirrors and say "Whoops, I just publicly shit in my own front yard". (You know: that stuff we used to call "personal responsibility"?)
On 12/28/2007 11:21 AM P. Roehling spake thus:

Oh, I see whatcha mean. However, using the guideline "Never attribute to malice what is better explained by incompetence", it appears that both those combatants (C. Welch & G. Procter) are just cluelessly letting their respective news clients munge up their subject headers; don't think they're intentionally morphing them.

Why don't you simply killfile the poster to whom you object?
--
Craig http://www.wazu.jp /
1,239 Unicode fonts for 82 written language groups:
said:

Because sometimes they post something that might be on topic for the group.
--

Frank Rosenbaum
Please support the following train meets if you can

Why did you quote my signature?
Why do you have a non RFC-compliant signature?

Take it to email, please...
Peter W. wrote:

Doesn't take balls, Filtering Bewton, Proctor and Haddad avoids the poseur postings from the antipdean element.

This is nothing... If you want someone to jump all over you... you need to post an image like this one: [image]
Donald:-)

Images aren't pased onto the group. R.m.r is text-only. Peteski

Images shouldn't be posted to text news groups such as this ... but it's up to individual administrators of new servers as to whether they carry them.
--
Craig http://www.wazu.jp /
1,239 Unicode fonts for 82 written language groups:
David Nebenzahl skriver:

Agreee....
Klaus