O Scale Sound Boards

Does anyone still make sounds boards for O scale Diesel ?

Reply to
mark diegel

If you are referring to DCC sound decoders, these are not a matter of scale. Any sound decoder will do. You have room for larger speakers on an O scale loco than an HO loco, which means higher wattage, so make sure the decoder can handle the extra current.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Generally speakers have an ohms rating of 8 or possibly 4 ohms, whatever their physical size. A 300mm speaker will have the same ohms rating as a

25mm speaker. Greater volume is achieved by increasing the output voltage of the amplifier. (see ohms law)

As a teenager I connected up a pocket transistor radio to our band speaker stacks arranged so that I had 16x 12" speakers in parallel and series still totalling 8 ohms - it sounded much better! The limit comes when the amplifier power exceeds the handling capacity of the speaker, something that happens very quickly with a minimum sized speaker.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You're right. Exceeded the power handling capacity of my aging brain, I guess.

;-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Reply to