O Scale Sound Boards

Does anyone still make sounds boards for O scale Diesel ?

mark diegel wrote:

If you are referring to DCC sound decoders, these are not a matter of scale. Any sound decoder will do. You have room for larger speakers on an O scale loco than an HO loco, which means higher wattage, so make sure the decoder can handle the extra current.
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Generally speakers have an ohms rating of 8 or possibly 4 ohms, whatever their physical size. A 300mm speaker will have the same ohms rating as a 25mm speaker. Greater volume is achieved by increasing the output voltage of the amplifier. (see ohms law)
As a teenager I connected up a pocket transistor radio to our band speaker stacks arranged so that I had 16x 12" speakers in parallel and series still totalling 8 ohms - it sounded much better! The limit comes when the amplifier power exceeds the handling capacity of the speaker, something that happens very quickly with a minimum sized speaker.
Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

You're right. Exceeded the power handling capacity of my aging brain, I guess.
;-)

Check Phoenix but after you see the prices you may think again.
http://www.phoenixsound.com
Theyalso really push the term "DCC compliant". Of course I'm not sure which DCC they are talking about. If I remember correctly they only support a very few CVs!