Opinions on F7's

Just starting out in model rail after a few years, and am looking to buy some good quality motive power. I'm UK based, but have decided on an US prototype, mainly because of the higher quality engines available, and I think they are much more interesting , both diesel and steam. My question is this:- I have found a UK supplier who stocks Intermountain products, and has available an F7 in my favourite road(UP), what are these models like?Are they a good runner, I intend on using dcc, is this a dcc ready product? I have checked Intermountains web site, but it seems to concentrate on the F3 model, with little info on the F7. I thank you all in advance for your replies. Mark Bishop UK

Reply to
Mark Bishop

Mechanically, they use the same chassis; the only difference is the shell of the locomotive.

Of course, there were many differences between the two prototypes.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni