OT- Question about restaurants

Boy, howdy, that sure sounds like the motto for those who make under $300,000 a year and think Shrub and Company are on their side.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Uh, 'cause it's sh*t?

Jay Real (micro) brew, WI

Reply to
JCunington

As an example of double-entendre, I offer Pinkard & Bowden's "Ballad of Dick and Jane":

There were 3 young men who fell in love with Jane Tom, Dick, Harry were their names "I am her only boyfriend", each of them would boast But she passed on Tom and Harry, 'cause she liked Dick the most.

(chorus) Now she's got Dick in the palm of her hand She likes to hold Dick She likes to squeeze Dick She likes to kiss Dick all of the time Seems like Dick is always on her mind.

The song is completely innocent, but if someone took it the wrong way, it'd be as bad as some rap "songs".

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Sort of like a song of some time ago called "My girl, Bill".

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

I'll take Bud most of the time, thanks very much. Most of the imports and microbrews taste like the homebrew I used to make. I had enough of that way back when. I'll have an occasional Guinness, I like Dos Equis, San Miguel, and a few others, but mostly, when I want a beer, I want Bud or Rolling Rock.

It's part of what separates Americans from the rest of the world. Kind of like Vegemite and the Australians.

Coors of course is and always was shit. Did you ever smell Coors after it warms up? Reminds me of a Mississippi outhouse in August!

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

Who let the skunk out!

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I hope you mean the "Lager Especial" in the green bottle. Usually all even Mexican places have is the sweet crap in the brown bottle (of "Coorona" or Tecate, or some other washed out stuff), but their lager is decent, if not very far above undistinguished.

If you haven't tried Singha, see if the local Thai restaurant has it; it's a lager, well-hopped but not bitter. Tastes like some 19th century traveling German dropped in on Bangkok with some Hallertauer hops in his bag and they learned well.

As for the Coors smell problem, I plead partial responsibility (but not for the lack of flavor). Ya know that waterfall on the label? I'm one of many who have added foaming yellow liquid of their own to the stream near the lip of Fishcreek Falls. But please don't think I'm from Mississippi.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Another Firesign Theater fan! "That's why it's yellow"

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I'm not sure of the time frame, but that's pretty much what happened. A German brewmaster came and stayed and made beer. The beer was more expensive than the local hard liquor, Maekong, so it was more of treat than a cheap drunk. Out in the boonies you'd buy a liter bottle of beer and they'd give you a chunk of ice to put in a glass to cool it.

BTW, some Thai syllables are silent. In Thai there's a squiggly mark over them to indicate they're not pronounced. The ha in Singha is one such syllable, so the correct pronunciation of the beer is Sing. That may not help you to get the beer among non Thai speakers, but it least you'll know how to pronounce it.

Reply to
<wkaiser

Handy info - although I usually just order "a #11 and a #

23" - about the only thing I feel confident enough to try to pronounce is Tom Kha Gai, but it's so easy to make at home I rarely order it when out.
Reply to
Steve Caple

Actually, I prefer the "abmer" version. I used to find it sweet, but not so much anymore. Never cared much for Corona or Tecate, but the Tecate at the brewery seems different than the stuff you get in cans. Or maybe it was just the heat! Moosehead is good, too.

Sam Adams tastes exactly like the homebrew I used to make for a nickel a bottle. I'll be damned if I'll pay a premium for stuff I can mix up in a bathtub!

Humm...I think I had some years ago, but don't recall. Oh, Anchor Steam is great stuff, too.

LOL. The two absolute worst beers I recall were:

Raineer Ale (do they still sell that swill?) and Brew 102 (formerly made in downtown Los Angeles, now fortunately gone!) The building is still there, squeezed between the freeway, the tracks and the so called river. I think they used condensed locomotive exhaust for hops.

Regards,

DAve-- It must be true, I read it on the internet!

Reply to
DaveW

Rolling Rock......Yes. The rest can stay at the beer store. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Never terribly impressed with Sam, but it at least it ain't Bud-ugly. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is one of my other favorites.

One of the guys in our home brew club (a UC Davis professor of fermentation science) used to call it "lawn mowing beer". I agree with the "lawn mowing" part, but not the "beer", it's a beeroid, like an H2 is a Hummeroid for a--holes the size of Lake Tahoe.

Reply to
Steve Caple

LOL! I get a HUGE laugh every time I see one of those oversized Tahoes. Imagine how pi**ed they get when they find out they shelled out an extra 20 grand for a TAHOE!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Hard to imagine anyone who bought one would ever get a clue.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Tsingtao is the same thing. The Germans had a brewery in Shanghai. The proper pronunciation is closer to Ching-dao.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

In origin, but not in taste.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Well Most united states...BK restraunts are old and run down..but here in canada the ones owned and franchised are new and very clean as well up to date.The recent coprperate policy of KFC and Mc Donalds ...and some other can be explained two ways...Areas where there is high crime or large drug areas which have a history over several years..or street level drug sellers ..They are prodiving more security as well to keep problems to a basic with homeless people too. But if they feel a financial loss and profits drop they tend to close the operations after 5 years or related to drugs....If they also get cited for health code violations because the location hasn't been maintained or a customer has seeked legal recorse for danages etc.

Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

"Ctyclsscs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com... > There was a thread on another forum recently that touched upon modeling modern > buildings such as fast food restaurants and it got me wondering about something > that I thought I'd ask others on this group. >

Reply to
Brock Bailey

I wouldn't know. I find German beer a little too...strong. Or something. My first encounter was with Hacker-Pschorr. It wasn't good.

I never thought I could trust the Chinese with beer, so I've been shy. Now if somebody were to buy me one, well...

A free beer is a good beer A cold beer is a better beer A cold, free beer is the best beer of all.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Remember, Singha is Thai, not Chinese. I wouldn't recommend Tsingtao myself.

Better a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

Reply to
Steve Caple