Presidents Choice RR Set

Just wondering what one of these is worth now. I have one at home, that is probably 6-7 years old. I had the well meaning plans to set it up/expand to a working system, but I just don't have the space. It is an HO set, and from what I have read, the locos seems to be decent. For those familiar with the Prez Choice line, is there any value to those now?

Reply to
Jon

---------------------------------------

Here's one on eBay. You might want to keep an eye on it and see if anyone places a bid ...

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

Individual PC sets in unopened boxes may be of value to collectors who want a complete run of them (there were ten in total IIRC.) You don't specify which set you have, so it's impossible to say. I did notice when they were issued that some sets sold out a lot faster than others.

As for quality: they are made by Mehanotechnika, who also make some IHC locos. At the time, the PC sets were about average trainset quality, and sold for the price of the equivalent IHC loco, so they were a good buy. Quality of the locos ranged from 5 to 7 out of 10 compared to other brands. Quite a few sets were bought for the loco, and the cars dumped or given away. Recently, IHC has offered upgraded versions of its locos, some of them made in China. The older PC sets are not up to current train set standards, IOW.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir