David Bedard tutorial on Decoder Pro

I'm trying to locate David Bedard's tutorial "Using Decoder Pro without a connection to your layout." It appears to have been removed
from the MR web site.
Old.Professor wrote:

I didn't see that particular tutorial, but depending on exactly what you're trying to do, using DecoderPro without a layout connection isn't difficult.
My guess is that you want DecoderPro to calculate various CV values that you then manually program into your decoder.
If that's the case, just install Java and JMRI, and select "LocoNet Simulator" for your layout connection. Then create a roster entry for your loco, customize it the way you want on the various tabs, and read the resulting CV values from the CV tab.
For help creating and customizing that roster entry, see Peter Ulvestad's excellent "Programming a New Decoder" tutorial, linked to here: <http://jmri.sourceforge.net/community/clinics/ . You would follow those same steps, except that instead of writing from JMRI to the decoder, you would note the CV values on the CV tab as outlined above.
HTH, Stevert

Found this in Trains.com site.
http://cs.trains.com/forums/1207458/ShowPost.aspx
On Jun 19, 10:19pm, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote: