PRR f3 , F7 Paintschemes

Hi I search Links to Paintschemes from PRR Cab-Units (F3, F7) Freigt and Passenger Similar to this Side for the GG1 or better
http://www.spikesys.com/GG1/paint.html
Juergen
Juergen wrote:

Go to alt.binaries.pictures.rail and ask for pictures there. Several posters will have some, and will be happy to put them up for you.
This is the archive of that newsgroup:
http://abpr2.railfan.net /
Or google on "PRR F7 images", and you will get enough hits.
For example, try:
http://usloki.tripod.com /
Click on EMD, then F7. The PRR locos are the first two (top left corner). However, the green is too light, though. PRR green was very dark, in fact it looked black in anything other than bright sunlight. See:
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_prr9798.jpg
The red is "tuscan red", which varies a lot depending on the light. Model Flex has a good version of it. Many models sold as "tuscan red" are too light - it's a maroon or dried blood colour.
HTH
--
wolf k.

and
Several
very
sunlight. See:

red"
Some time back a retired PRR machinist once told me over a beer or three, maybe four, the formula for PRR Green was 1 gallon of olive green mixed into 55 gallons of black.
'Course he also once told me, "The GG in GG1 stands for "Griddle Grease" 'cause that's what they smelled like after a run on a hot summer day."
Len

Hi Wolf Very nice sides Have you any idea which paintscheme have F3 or F7 in freightservice Color = Tuscan Green Sripes = Singe Stripe or 5-Stripe the schemes have no date to use from the PRR
Sorry for my bad english i from germany
Juergen
Juergen wrote:

My impression is that "officially" the freight scheme was green, but in fact engines painted in all schemes were used for freight at different times. I'm not a Pennsy expert, so I can't give you dates. Try googling "Pennsylvania railroad diesel paint schemes."
--
wolf k.

Hi Wolf I search first many hour by google. I not found wat i search. I set this help here, and many information come Thank you
Juergen

Doing a quick scan of the color photos in Yanosey's "Pennsy Diesel Years" Volumes 1 through 6, it appears the F-3's and F-7's were all intended for freight service and were delivered in the thin single stripe brunswick green scheme. The only two exceptions I saw in this review were that the PRR bought two FP-7A/F-7B/FP-7A sets for dual service use that were delivered in the tuscan red 5 pin stripe scheme. These sets were broken up in later years and the 5 stripe tuscan F-7Bs could be seen mixed with other green single stripe F units. Geezer

Thank You Geezer This is a good information I have a set of undecorated F7A/B/A to paint tuscan green I have Microscale Decals five and single Stripe. I use the single Stripe
Juergen

Thank You Geezer This is a good information I have a set of undecorated F7A/B/A to paint Brunswick Green I have Microscale Decals five and single Stripe. I use the single Stripe
Juergen
schrieb im Newsbeitrag

You're most welcome. Are you aware of the PRR Technical & Historical Society? They have a good website, but it doesn't have a PRR diesel paint guideline. It does have the last 12 issues of the online "e-zine" called the "Keystone Modeler" available in downloadable .pdf format. You can see these at:
http://www.prrths.com/Keystone%20Modeler/Keystone_Modeler.htm
In particular, you might look at the June '07 and July '07 issues - there are some nice broadside color photos of some F unit models that took awards at PRRT&HS meets, so they are likely quite accurate. Geezer

The PRRT&HS publication, "The Keystone", had a multi-part F-unit bible recently (2 parts so far - I think we're still waiting for part 3), which would have all your answers. Unfortunately, back issues are not currently for sale. The very 1st issue of the Keystone Modeler stated that they would be publishing F-unit info to coincide with that article, but I looked through them yesterday & didn't find anything. I have a hazy memory of someone saying they decided against it.
Jerry wrote:

They're available on CD, as noted at the bottom of the page referenced by Geezer. Non-members pay 3x as much as non-members, so it would be worth joining if the Pennsy is one of your major interrsts.

--
wolf k.

"The Keystone" & "The Keystone Modeler" are two separate entities. "The Keystone" is the quarterly print magazine dealing with the prototype PRR. Its back issues are available through '97, but the series I'm referring to came out within the last year or 2.

Thank you I load and print all aviable issues a very good side the only bad is: backorder for older issues is very hight
Juergen