Query: Tasmanian Devil Box Car

Greetings! I currently have a Warner Brothers 'Tasmanian Devil Tropical Fruit' Box Car from. This also include a Certificate of Authenticity.
What I am curious to know is does anyone else have the car (1 of 1000)?
I have been trying to see what the possible value of this car might currently be, but to no avail.
Thank you in advance. -- George D. McCallion snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:39:16 -0400, George McCallion wrote:

You might have better luck at alt.collectibles.schlock.rr; you could also possibly find references over at alt.franklinmint.collectors or alt.dept56.gush
--
Steve

You might keep an eye on Ebay, especially completed auctions. But I doubt it is going to have much value. LTG :)

Her i found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item `48463748 Anthony

George McCallion wrote:
> Greetings! I currently have a Warner Brothers 'Tasmanian Devil > Tropical Fruit' Box Car from. This also include a Certificate of > Authenticity.
Why? Was the market being flooded with non-authentic Tasmanian Devil Box Cars? :-)
Tropical Fruit and Tasmania, they've got to be Fred Kings brother! Regards, Bill.

I strongly suspect that the item's value is going to be totally based on who's looking for an example of it at the exact time of selling (or auctioning off). Prices of tinplate specialty cars can range all over the scale. In reality, it will only be of significant interest to a Looney Tunes collector, so the market will be limited. I've seen similar items sell with in the range of 10:1 literally from day to day!
The best advice is to hold on to the item for a while and keep checking completed eBay auctions to see what "on average" the item brings.
CNJ999