Been away so long...

All,
I've been away a long time. I had to sift through about 4000 messages it's been so long. I finally gave up and just jumped back in at July 1.
The marriage finally crumbled, the layout's destroyed, I'm on my own, and a much happier person for it. The trains are boxed, but the tools and materials are accessible. Once school's out I plan on continuing my model development of North Shore car sides (detailed ones, not those Walthers' abominations), some buildings, and maybe a module or two, and certainly building my own turnouts, although cutting ties will be a trick without a table saw and being in an apartment.
Maybe next time around in another house with another wife who will actually gives a rat's backside about what I do in my off time I can get the dream alive again. If not, I can enjoy life by myself. In the meantime, I can draw up plans. The last layout had some major flaws, and I did things way out of order because I went with materials on hand rather than waiting to do it in the proper order.
My personal goal is to have a house and to have a layout up and running in time for the 2010 national meet. That's a tall order, but I'll see if it can be done.
Ya hey dere to Mr Mathu and the Cream City guys!
Jay Cunnington wrote:

Welcome back, Jay.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
Hey Jay, Glad to see you back. Sounds like your in good sprits too and moving forward. That's great! Bruce.

Bruce Favinger wrote:

Yes, I'm moving forward. Wish I could say the same about the soon-to-be-ex, but that's one of the reasons the thing fell apart. I can move on, she's still moaning about how people hurt her 15 years ago.
One observation I'll make: marriage IS all about money. If you think it's not, just see how long the wife stays around after the money runs out. When it runs out, so does she shortly afterward. I'm not bitter. I knew it would come to that someday. I said "for better or worse", she said "for better or else". <VBG>
Hey Jay!
Welcome back!
Eric