questions about MRC Control Master 20

Does anyone use an MRC Control Master 20 and what do you think of it?

-- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Reply to
Arizona Rock & Mineral Co.

Not worth the money it costs. You may think it's great in the beginning, but after a short while you will dcide otherwise. If your hobby is more than running trains aruond in circles then you would be ahead by spending a little bit more and getting an Easy DCC, Digitrax or NCE system. Easy DCC is probably the most versitile one to begin and may be the least expensive of the three. You may even be able to put together an upgradeable system for the cost of the woefully poor MRC toy-train box. For easy DCC:

For NCE:
I have used Digitrax for over ten years and am happy with it.
Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

EasyDCC is actually a wonderful system. And it is quite advanced and yet, pretty easy to use (unlike Digitrax, IMO).

We've been using it on a frend's N scale layout pretty much since it was first introduced to the marked (several years now). We originally bought the throttle kits and put them together ourselves to save money. Most recent addition is the new Wireless Throttle.

We also have it interfaced to a PC running JMRI. It makes a breeze to archive decoder settings for all the locomotives. But even without JMRI, EasyDCC is the easiest to program the decodrs with.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend EasyDCC to anyone.

I don't have any experience with NCE or any of the low end systems, so I can't comment on them.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.