Re: ATTN: Dave Henk, you made Model Retailer (again)

I couldn't agree more. One show. It looks like "Railfest" is getting most of the attention from the model railroad industry, with the possible exception of the National Train Show.

We need a Nurnberg!

John Glaab Peach Creek Shops

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

The fellow that was attempting to pass himself off as my shop might disagree.

Dave Henk

Reply to
HobbyOasis

I see Bob Gherman (Hobby Merchandiser) that started Hobbyvisions has resigned (as of yesterday) as it's president and is now committed to the hobby unification and the NRHA Las Vegas show. HobbyVision still lurks but it's not dead just yet. However if in the next few months a venue and date is not named I'd expect it to go away. The chief effect of the two shows was it seems to have kicked folks in the pants to get their act together. I can see a "Nuremburg" like show sometime in the future. I had talked with some railroad manufacturers and with these two shows killing each other they were heading to TrainFest instead.

Dave

Reply to
HobbyOasis

Really? When was that? I admit I've not been paying as much attention to r.m.r these days as I used to...

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Nevermind. I found it Boy, aren't trolls and sock puppets fun? Sigh. Heh, just like the old days.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

And don't forget Springfield. In last year's Model Retailer, a survey of manufacturers ranked the Springfield (MA) show #1 in importance. This year, it was #2, but even so that ain't bad. I'll be there again with the South Shore Model Railway Club and Microscale (as helper).

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Oh, you mean that loser who can't even make himself reasonable? Don't worry, Dave. If his past writing is any example, I'd never confuse his digital babblings with your writing.

Jay

website URL: members.aol.com/orphantrainlocos/index.html All the world's a stage - and everybody's a critic.

Reply to
JCunington