re: diesel or steam engine sounds

Has anyone found a very cheap way to replicate these sounds ( a record or tape) and use them on a layout? please email to peter snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com __________________________________________________________________

Reply to
nadev77

Here's some information that should help:

Bod Backway offers some helpful ideas.

There are several links to suppliers. ITT has pre-recorded sound modules, MRC has inexpensive sound systems.

I added inexpensive sound to my layout using sound modules and tape players. I don't use DCC.

Radio Shack and others have recordable sound modules. I purchased several small tape players with two speakers for $5-$10 each, a "talking photo album" with ~20 modules from JCPenney on sale for under $20, inexpensive speakers, etc. found in toys from dollar stores.

It's an interesting project and a challenge to create. Good luck! I hope your sound experience is as rewarding as mine has been.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire