RE:grain elevators

The spout is flexible and can be "aimed " towards the ends of a 40-ft. boxcar. There is a clamping device that is hooked to the top wooden graindoor and holds the whole spout in any position that you select.

No shoveling is necessary.

I know this from working with my Father back in my college days. It would take me 20-30 minutes to nail the wooden graindoors in place and prepare the car for loading. He would operate the "elevating machinery" to load the car while I prepared the next one.

The problem was that he could load a car in less time that I could prepare it! I had to work like a mad dog to try to keep up. Not much fun in a hot August afternoon in North Dakota!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Neumiller

Thanks, Dennis. Looks like I go with the spout :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

"Dennis Neumiller" wrote

< as has already been posted: shoveling into corners necessary when there are no *end* grain doors >

Soo, Milwaukee, GN, NP, CNW or Mid-Continental?

From your description, let me guess Great Northern.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name