Re: Help with mother's friend's husbands book...

Some time ago on this list it was mentioned that a book on

> scratchbuilding by author Dr. Wayne Wesolowski was out of print and was > fetching enormous sums in the used book business. I searched this book > and another by him and did find listings through Book Finders ( >
). > Prices varied from over a hundred dollars to around $345.00! Since I > had both books and no longer needed them, I placed them on eBay with > reserves of $200.00. Bidding never got above $45.00, so I forgot about > it. I even contacted a few of the book dealers who were listing the > books at high prices, asking if they might be interested in buying them > at wholesale prices, but I never got any replies. > > So where do these book dealers get their extremely high prices? Has > someone somewhere actually paid that much for the books? If they are > asking these high prices, why would they not be interested in buying > more? > > Good luck in your quest. Perhaps if you do find a way to get decent > prices for the books, you could let us know how you did it. > > Bob Boudreau > Canada

Another possibility is to donate the books to a library or museum to get a tax write-off. Depending on tax brackets, that could be worth about a dollar in tax savings for every 3 dollars of book value.

Cheers, Bill Sohl

Reply to
Bill Sohl