Re: Athearn - ridiculous car search

Posting here is perhaps one of the best ways... I got an SE set that was at least 4 years old that way.

You might also look for large train shows where there might be vendors owith older stock... I still see the three-car NKP set out and that was one of the first sets released.

Someone else mentioned ebay... always a good place to find older, out of date stuff.

Don't forget older hobby shops. I recently found two or three of the old Walthers wooden reefers at a shop... they haven't been around for about ten years.

Good luck!

Hey Folks, > > Once you have cleared the tears from your eyes from laughing ;-), might > there be ANY chance of my locating a "May 1996, limited edition" boxcar > offering by Athearn : item #: 140-2306 ? They simply packaged two 50', > dbl door, boxcars with unusual ATSF paint schemes. One car is gray and > one car is green. Both cars have the oversized, circular, ATSF logo. > > Thanks! > Matt >
Reply to
Dan Merkel

If you are into ebay put it in there for something you are looking for.

Reply to
MrRathburne