Re: Matching Dupont paint numbers?

All such efforts are an exercise in futility. The only thing that works

> is to mix paint that matches a photo or color chip when viewed under the > lighting the model is to be seen under. Even modern computerized paint > matching often fails when the finished product is viewed under differing > lighting conditions, or after aging.

Now THERE'S the exercise in futility in this case!

The Dupont color numbers were obtained as part of a project for Overland Models, which is producing an RS-3 of this particular prototype. You certainly can't expect them to try to mix paints to match every individual's layout lighting.

What Overland is doing with the Dupont match is obtaining a paint sample, then making color chips on brass plates that the Korean manufacturer has to use for making their models for import.

Having obtained the Dupont numbers of the prototype, I was just curious is there was an accepted system to match it to generally available model paints.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Not any that I know of. You can have it made by almost any auto paint vendor, but once you go into to the hobby shop, you are strictly on your own. ........F>

Reply to
Captain Handbrake