Australian train wreck?

Last night's local paper had a picture of the wreck of a high speed train in eastern Australia, but no story on it. It looked like the whole train was derailed, but no one was killed.

Would any of you guys from down under like to supply some details?

Reply to
<wkaiser

There are a number of links to stories at:

As you noted, there were thankfully no fatalities, which says a lot for the crashworthiness of modern coaching stock. I'm just glad that no-one was killed - I have rellos and friends who work for QR.

By all accounts the rescue and recovery operation was also handled very well, considering the fact that the derailment occured well out in the donga.

But it's particularly sad in the light of QR's otherwise excellent safety record, and generally good performance.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Reply to
William Pearce