Wooden Pullman cars in wreck train or MOW service

I'm converting an old MDC Pullman car into a wreck train diner. My
information is that these cars had either schedule LN or UC brake
equipment. If anyone can suggest a source for a schematic or other
diagram showing the layout of this equipment I'd be very grateful. Of
course, I'm assuming these cars retained this schedule rather than being
converted to AB brakes...
Reply to
mark_newton
NMRA Data Sheet D9o pg. 15 has a schematic diagram of a UC brake system, and the July 1957 Model Railroader has a diagram of a typical 1900 vintage passenger car brake system as part of their "Bluebook" data sheet series. Gary Q
Reply to
Geezer
Mark, Though I don't have a diagram I do have study on a 1911 Pullman that has UC brakes. The booklet has some very good pictures of the brakes and other underbody equipment that might be helpful. Interestingly there is an isometric type drawing of the mechanical air conditioning system. It's in pdf. format and has been emailed to you. Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Favinger
Cal-Scale kit No. 300 (Walthers stock No. 190-300) for $2.50 includes the necessary parts and has a piping diagram. It's shown as currently out of stock, but you may check with Bowser who currently manufactures the Cal-Scale line.
Don
-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman
As an addendum to my previous message, Bowser shows it back in production,
Don
-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman
Sent that too soon. I did a little more searching on Bowser's site and came up with more info, may be just what you're looking for
Don
-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman
Bruce, could I get that file emailed to me as well? I am doing pretty much the same thing and building a relief tender out of a pullman palace car.
John
Reply to
John Franklin
Thanks for the information, Gary.
Reply to
mark_newton
Thanks, Bruce, it's a very interesting document.
Reply to
mark_newton
Excellent, thanks for all the info, Don.
Reply to
mark_newton