Train Wreck

Just glimpsed some pictures on the news concerning the storms we saw here in
the southwest section of the country. They showed pictures from the air of a
train wreck due to washed out roadbed. It looked like a string of automax
cars scattered like toy trains. At first I thought they were passenger cars
but as they zoomed in I'm quite sure they were automax cars. I certainly
hope they were something other than passenger cars. Nothing about the
locomotive crews so hopefully they are ok. It may have been in
Arizona.......not sure as I just caught the tail end of the news bite but it
looked like a desert flash flood. Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Favinger
This might be the one you refer to:
Ken Rice
Thanks Ken but the one I saw was a wash out and the water still rushing over the right of way. The UP collision you referred too looks bad and was tragic for the crew. Some one in the UP system really fowled up. Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Favinger
"Freight train derailed in Oklahoma flood"
"Two locomotives and 13 cars of a 32-car southbound train were knocked off the tracks north of Kingfisher, UP spokesman John Bromley told the Daily Oklahoman. The freight was hauling automobiles from Kansas City, Kan., to Oklahoma City. Some of the automobiles burned and three crew members were briefly trapped on top of the train, Bromley said. They were rescued by a maintenance crew and not seriously injured."
John Bromley has had a busy day.
Reply to
Mark Mathu
Photo:
Steve Caple
That's the one I saw on TV this morning. The UP did have a bad day. Thanks for the links guys. Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Favinger