Re moutain

A few years ago my mother used I think wall paper paste glue and cloth and used it to shape cloth with a mold to make christmas angles which she sold at a craft fair... She said it could also be used for model railroading and be shaped to use as moutain and also painted and it become rock hard..you can use any form to make shapes once it drys in place its hard.

When I have time I will ask her how its done and get some more detailed inteructions and I think I will use it as cover for some of my moutains on my ho scale railway.

Brock Bailey snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca Victoria BC Canada

Reply to
Brock Bailey

On 8/4/2008 1:13 AM Brock Bailey spake thus:

What you've described is basically classic papier-mâché, using cloth instead of paper as the material. Should work fine. It certainly doesn't become "rock hard", but it gets stiff enough to serve its purpose for landscaping on a layout.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Hi All Try this web site.. It's got everything you need.

Mueller

Reply to
mike mueller

You might also go to

and do a search for model railroad scenery. "Some" of the videos there are pretty interesting and show a lot of neat techniques... on the other hand... so don't take everything you see as gospel, but there are some good ideas there.

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel