Re: OT OK OR NOT OK?

>>> By whom? This is an unmoderated newsgroup.

Don't get huffy; I'm just questioning your "automatic" system.

It just seems to defy the conventional definition of "automatic," that's all.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

There you go again, sniping and snipping and cleverly attacking people, then hiding under your dictionary when someone comes back at you.

The guy deletes things 'automatically' if they meet his criteria.

So Mr. Sniping wordsmith, here is the definition of the word. Check out #2, that is what he is doing so how is he 'defying the conventional definition' of the word?

Main Entry: [1]au·to·mat·ic Pronunciation: "o-t&-'ma-tik Function: adjective Etymology: Greek automatos self-acting, from aut- + -matos (akin to Latin ment-, mens mind) ?more at MIND Date: 1748

1 a : largely or wholly involuntary; especially : REFLEX 5 b : acting or done spontaneously or unconsciously c : done or produced as if by machine : MECHANICAL 2 : having a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism 3 : of a firearm : using either gas pressure or force of recoil and mechanical spring action for repeatedly ejecting the empty cartridge shell, introducing a new cartridge, and firing it synonym see SPONTANEOUS

- au·to·mat·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

- au·to·ma·tic·i·ty /-m&-'ti-s&-tE, -ma-/ noun

Reply to
MrRathburne