Re: Proto 1000 GN RS2

I have in front of me the latest Proto 1000 RS2 ( GN) minus the

>handrails and steps...bought here in Australia.......where can I get >reasonable wire ones to put on this otherwise fanatstic running >engine........its sooooooooo good running its a Proto 2000....minus as >I said wire handrails and steps. >Thanks for any leads >Peter >

should give you this choice for Alco handrail stanchions to which you add your own wire handrails.

Smokey Valley RR Products, 108 Handrail Stanchions - Alco Road Switcher Early

Cal Scale or Kemtron used to make these in brass, but I don't see them on Walther's web site and I don't have a current catalog.

Alternately you could try and get a set of Kato ones.

Check photos for the GN only ladders at the ends of the hoods (you're on your own to make these) and add the number boards on the hoods as well (Detail Associates or Details West make these, (use the short ones)

"Freight goes great, when it goes Great Northern"

Reply to
Mountain Goat