Re: Russian HO???

Here for some reason they run them mostly during the daytime hours, that is the short under a few hundred kilometres trains. Perhaps it is because maintenance is so bad that they need the daylight to fix the trains when they breakdown, ask just about any traveller whom has been on Amtrak.

I maybe mistaken, but I heard the entire journey from Sankt Peterburg to Vladivostok takes 8 days(and nights) It is an 8 day journey I long to take so I can see the Motherland.

Here in the USA during the 1920's there was a train and plane service called TAT which flew people on planes during the day and then put them on trains at night, it was thought safer because night time flying in the 1920's was much more dangerous in the pre instrument flying era.

Dave

Reply to
Scottishmoney

I am happy to see so much information available on their lines. Fortunately I have quite a bit of Russian, we speak it some at home here:)

Dave

Reply to
Scottishmoney

Folks, Re HO models of Russian passenger cars, Bachmann China make models of the Chinese type 22 coaches, hard class, these are fluted sided and were based on Soviet designs, so may be convertible to Russian types. Also, I believe that some Chinese coaches go all the way from Beijing to Moscow, but these are most likely sleepers, not yet modelled by Bachmann, but Models Imon, Japan make brass models of the sleepers at high prices. Regards, Bill.

Fortunately

Reply to
William Pearce