Re: Trolley/interurban trucks

PING to Jay...............

Talk to Mike Bauers, he's doing some research into exactly the same thing.

Don

I've been looking for underfloor power (more or less) for my soon-to-be > interurban fleet. The SPUDs are over $75, which is too much. > > I finally got wise and looked at N scale for my power needs. I think I might > have found it. A switcher, I believe a Plymouth MDT (?) might just be the > thing, or possibly an EMD SD truck. I figure I could cut off some of the front > and rear of the Plymouth frame and remove the middle wheels. I'd then need to > install HO sized wheels in such a way as to bring them into proper gauge. > > For the SD truck I might be able to go with a floor-level mounting which could > make for minimal intrusion of the motor in the passenger areas. Small motors > would be fine as each car would pull its own weight. > > It appears that the N scale wheels have a hole in the middle to mount them to > the axle shaft outside the frame. Is there a way of mounting an HO wheel or > axle extension on an N scale power truck? > > > Jay > CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest" > >
Reply to
Trainman

Don, got a phone #? I'm supposed to help him set up his workshop this week or next.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington