Recommended Couplers?

Thank you again to all who have replied to this thread. I appreciate the advice.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Hi,

actually, the advice to white-glue the N-Scale Rapido couplers together seems sensible when you notice, that a quarter of them is not straight (tilt sideways and upwards). But then, I want to couple and uncouple and with the questionable cars, there is no easy way to exchange the couplers (cheapo-moulded plastic parts). Exchanging them for Kadee-N-Couplers is problematic, since they are very uncommon here... I was thinking about a modified form of wire-and-hook couplers, but the work involved seems rather tedious (and I still haven't finished the trackwork...).

So for me, short pieces of wire to hold the couplers together will be the solution for now, but I will continue to look into alternatives ;-)

Oh, actually, at least here in middle Europe, Hook-Couplers are still the "standard" in HO. You won't find Knuckle couplers on any factory-sale models. You'll even find it difficult to buy them at a shop...

Have fun...

Reply to
Bernhard Agthe

There's this thing called the internet . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

I slide the spring over a (circa 2') length of fine copper wire taken from a dead 12 v motor. Once I've got the spring in place I _carefully_ slide the wire out, while holding a finger against the outer side of the spring to stop it pinging.

I have noticed that the seats around the pegs which supposedly hold the spring in place normally need a little cleaning up to remove flash.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

But those hook couplers aren't compatible with horn-hook couplers (which actually are a distorted version of the knuckle coupler, with a horn attached to one side to enable the couplers to slide past it each other horizontally and engage.)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir