Recommended Couplers?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:20:32 -0700, Roger T. wrote:

Amen! Look at almost any photo of prototype industrial trackage.
--
Steve

Yup. For many years the Santa Fe spur line into Redlands CA featured not only dips and wiggles but also had circa 1/2" deep scallops left behind by the steam switchers that had slipped their drivers while trying to start a load of heavy reefers up the grade from an orange packing house.
Always thought it would be fun to add that detail to the track on an appropriate spur and then wait and see if anyone noticed...
A Dremel tool with a sanding drum would be just the ticket!
~Pete
Roger T. wrote:

If you look, you then have the chance to determine what is actually causing a problem. If you never look, well !!!!!!!
Chuck D.

I don't. I only take really good care of the mainline. The rest, I just lay down the ties, by hand, without a jig, let the glue dry, spike down the rail the next day using a gauge and then weather it. Then I ballast. I don't even sand the tops of the ties, just spike down the rail as is, where it falls.
You can check out how my track looks in my sig.
-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: - http://www.islandnet.com/~rogertra /
Roger T. wrote:

Hi Roger; The assortment of pics, doesn't include any 'down the track at rail height' shots. But the overall appearance looks good. The mirror trick is just something to keep in mind for the occasional "Can't figure out what's the problem" situation.
Chuck D.